A global broadcast organisation is looking to recruit a contract Media Development Engineer on an initial 6 month contract. Working on state-of-the-art technology you will design and deliver systems at the forefront of content processing and distribution across multiple platforms. As part of this role you will take responsibility for the design of comprehensive systems, ensuring they support the provision of service and identify opportunities to improve the level of service provided to the business. Overseeing the transition to a cloud hosted infrastructure you will also perform compression and transcoding investigations as well as providing advice and support to other internal groups to recommend appropriate technology. In addition, you will undertake R&D activities to determine how emerging technologies can be used to support business objectives and champion development programs to stakeholders.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be a proven background in the following areas:
• Video & Audio Compression
• Digital Processing & Algorithm development
• Measurement, analysis and evaluation of Compression, Transcoding, Colour, Dynamic Range & Format Conversion
• Content Protection Mechanisms
• Content Workflows for Professional Media
• OTT distribution architectures
• High level understanding of DevOps processes and software scripting.
• Cloud Hosting of Media Applications
Alongside this, experience in designing broadcast and OTT production and distribution workflows with knowledge of key components for Linear, VoD and streaming. An advanced level or MPEG-TS video codecs and an understanding of DVB standards is required.
Please note this is a 6 month contract , working inside IR35.
If you feel this is the right role for you and if you are fully eligible to live and work in the UK without restrictions, then please apply now.