Our client, a major global entertainment & sports broadcaster have an exciting permanent career opportunity for a Senior Legal Counsel to join their International Legal Affairs team as the organisation embark on an exciting launch of an OTT & Streaming platform for the MENA region. This role can be based either in Qatar or Turkey. It is mandatory that you have a background in broadcast & media, and demonstrable experience of working specifically on contracts for the acquisition and distribution of TV and film content. ONLY applicants who have provided legal counsel for programme rights, entertainment contracts and acquisitions can be considered.
As Senior Legal Counsel you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Management, negotiation and drafting of affiliate and programme acquisition contracts, (ideally for OTT, VOD, SVOD platforms) with studios, as well as independent distributors, in accordance with company acquisitions policy
- Negotiation of entertainment contracts (acquisition and production) in diverse territories
- Tracking all programme rights and ensuring rights are acquired as necessary to service the entertainment services
- Providing day-to-day interface with commercial teams as required to ensure clear communication and proactive management of ongoing matters
- Identifying and responding to the needs of the entertainment division
- Providing legal advice to internal departments
- Strengthening relationships with current partners and developing new relationships with potential business contacts
To be considered, you must have a proven background in as a business lawyer for the television, content distribution or film industry, with the ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of rights and IP regulations, commercial and international law. Written and oral fluency in Arabic is highly advantageous, as is experience of negotiating contracts with international content rights holders (in particular the USA).
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including full assistance with relocation (if required). If you have the above skills and attributes, apply now!