We have a fantastic permanent opportunity for multiple Content Acquisition Leads to join a leading global entertainment & sports broadcast organisation at an incredible time of growth, based in Doha.
Our client are recruiting for one Lead to head up Arabic/ Local content and the another Lead to head up international content for a very exciting new OTT platform launch.
As Content Acquisition Lead, you will play an integral role in the team’s content-licensing efforts for Western & other international productions or for Arabic content, depending on your experience.
Your duties will involve the following:
- Evaluate, curate and identify appropriate content for digital streaming services in all new business markets
- Manage and evaluate content through performance tracking, industry knowledge and insights, and research in an effort to find the best content to engage subscribers
- Develop a deep understanding of content markets through continuous focus on and knowledge of the competitive and market environment in target markets
- Develop deal strategy together with Content Acquisitions Director, incorporating financial analysis, research input, and stakeholder parameters
- Participate in all aspects of negotiation (financial analysis and forecasting, contract drafting, security requirements, etc.)
- Cultivate strong relationships with content providers such as Major Studios, Channels, Distribution companies and industry counterparts.
- Represent acquisitions team interests across the company (content strategy, legal, finance, data & analytics, creative marketing) on a regular basis and as needed on a project basis.
- Communicate market trends and industry shifts, including implications and recommendations, to internal and external partners
- Analyse the latest trends in Media, Pay TV and Network industries
- Prepare deal summary presentations for upper management
- Prepare competition landscape reports/presentations in quarterly basis.
To be considered for this role, it is essential that you have fluent English and Arabic language skills and have extensive experience in TV rights acquisitions including negotiating OTT/SVOD deals on the buy or sell side. Strong experience acquiring content for the MENA region is essential.
It is key that you also have strong presentation and negotiation skills. You must be able to demonstrate excellent experience reading and understanding contract language as well as good ability to review and analyse large volumes of data.
This is a great opportunity for a generous salary and benefits package as well as full relocation assistance, including visa sponsorship for you and your family.
If you feel like this is the role you have been looking for and you have the experienced required, then please apply with a copy of your CV now!